5.08.2008

Even Prisoners Must Eat...

I just got back from using the bathroom and thought of something really funny! I always laugh when I think about this....so I thought I'd share it! (Also...I'm really bored right now and have nothing better to do!) A while back I had a horrible bladder infection and I seriously wanted to die. Every time I would leave the bathroom I felt like I had to go right back in. It was driving me crazy and I was about ready to snap...I begged Dave to do something...fix it..make it better..do something! He then Jokingly said...what do you want me to do, make you a diaper? And I said..YES! After he realized I was serious and not too happy about my current situation, he put his engineering brain to work and got busy! 30 minutes later....he had created his first diaper. It was a form fitting diaper designed out of Saran wrap and paper towels. He even spent time testing its efficiency. It actually worked! I tried it on and once it became a reality that I would be peeing in it....I decided I could not go through with it. So after a lot of effort on Dave's part...I continued to sit glued to the toilet... too annoyed to even try to get up and move around. I had the door closed and was completely pouting about the condition I was in. As he sat on the other side of the door he asked if there was anything he could do...I grumpily told him NO, and told him I would just have to sit there on the toilet for hours. About fifteen minutes later I heard some noise and looked over towards the door....I saw a paper towel with Nacho Cheese Doritos slowly sliding through the crack of the bathroom door....it was then followed by a weird old man, slow,raspy English accent that said "eeeevvveen prisoners must eeeaattt!!" (say it in your mind with an English accent). It was probably one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me. I opened the door and found dave on his hands and knees ear pressed to the door waiting for "the prisoners" response. "Even prisoners must eat"......ha ha ha...I immediately felt better! I will never forget how incredibly funny it was as I watched a Dorito loaded paper towel slide under the crack of the door and heard my cute husband say the most random thing I've ever heard! It seriously could have been a Mad TV or Saturday Night Live skit! Lucky for me the medicine kicked in shortly after and I was released from the "prison". Daveo babeo...thanks for making our life so much fun! Thanks for always laughing, always smiling, for always being so happy, and for making my life so comfortable! You are my hero!

6 comments:

David Shaw said...

I cannot believe you didn't want to go in the diaper and feel the secure embrace of warm tinkle tinkle again!...just like our younger years. ha jk! :)
love you nattie....Dave

Cuties on Top said...

Hahaha!! Oh man that is the best story ever! I was laughing out loud while I read-its one of my favorites!! hehe!

Craig Family said...

I love blogs because we get to learn about each others lives through fun stories like this one. I love Dave even more every time I read something about him, and I already really liked him. What a great husband. I'm so glad you have each other. Thanks, Dave, for loving my little Sis.

Miller's said...

That is the funniest story I have ever heard. I don't know your husband but he sounds like he has a great sense of humor, and there is nothing better.

Erin said...

Hilarious! How many Doritos actually fit under the crack in the door? Love ya.

Mike & Zona said...

THis is such a cute story! I started laughing so hard that dad had to come into the den to see what was so funny! Thank you, Dave, for taking care of my little girl and loving her so much! What a hoot!!!

MOM