4.03.2008

Every Member A Missionary!!

Snoop Dawgy Dahh eeeyy aww eey ahg! Brothers and Sisters….. If you haven't heard, SNOOP DOGGY DOGG has converted to Mormonism. I could hardly believe my eyes when I read my friends blog this morning (by the way, I’m stealing her post!) I quickly opened up a new web page to CNN to confirm her posting: http://cnnentertainment.co.nr/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/01

Apparently Gladys Knight invited him to a Family Home Evening activity and a concert and since then he's been hooked to the Book of Mormon and says, “Listen, the haters will say what they will,” Snoop Dogg said. “I can only do what I feel is right.”I loved his description of FHE! “I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”And he really seems to have had a change of heart, addressing his former lifestyle of smokin, drugs and alcohol: “Y’all know me,” he said grinning broadly. “There were just certain things the old me -- the "natural man" -- needed to do. And these young guys are telling me that God’s not down with disrespecting ourselves. But it’s cool now.” As soon as I finished reading about Snoops conversion, I went straight to Dave’s desk and said, “You will never believe who got baptized………..SNOOP DOG!” His response cracked me up, “baptized into what?”….. “THE CHURCH", I said……"THE LDS CHURCH!!!” ha ha
This story got me to thinking about missionary work. How many of us limit who we share the gospel with because we “know” who will and will not accept it? Who would have thought Snoop Dog would accept the gospel? This story makes me want to be a better missionary and share the truth with everyone!! We are so blessed to have the knowledge and truth that can grant us eternal salvation! We need to share it with EVERYONE! I never thought there would come a day where I was inspired by SNOOP DOG! Thanks Snoop!

3 comments:

Miller's said...

This is crazy! This is the first time I have heard this and it blew me away. Do you believe it? I feel a little reluctant to believe, but I guess I'm not the one to say if he has trully been converted. I hope its true because that is pretty sweet! By the way I agree on the Kristy Lee Cook thing, the reason I thought it would be Ramiele and Kristy was because it was country night so it was kind of Kristy's element. Let me know what you think once you watch it.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Apparently this article was a Fools Day joke, sorry to disappoint you! If you check the link, you can tell it´s a fake CNN webpage. I wish it was true as well, believe me! :-)
Katja
from Austria, Europe

Tara said...

That is so funny! My friend (Aja) stole this same post from me and I stole it from another blogger (Corinne)! I went to the link but, if you look it lists it as cnn.co NOT cnn.com! What stinkers, huh? I agree with you though, WE ALL need to become better member missionaries. Let's get started!

P.S. I love The Biggest Loser shoe, too!